Ever since the internet changed the whole marketing landscape, it became an absolute necessity for companies to make their online presence felt so well to compete, survive, and prosper. Today, consumers are given better choices and greater control, resulting in marketing experts continuously redefining their digital marketing plans. Unlike the past, conferences, events, magazines, and advertising are merely not sufficient to get companies near their targetted audience. While these types of traditional marketing tactics are still vital, they create a perfect result only with the help of an efficient digital marketing strategy
There are ten key factors small and medium-sized enterprises should include in their winning digital marketing plans.
- Value Massaging
The digital marketing plan should be designed based on the value messaging of your company. The marketing content of your firm should address the needs of the potential audience and introduce the actual value of products and services your firm provides. Hence, it’s essential to be clear about the value messaging of your business before creating any digital marketing strategy.
- Types of Content
There are various types of content available in the market for digital marketing. Some of the most relevant and used content types include:
- Blog Posts: Blogs are critical for B2B companies while designing a digital marketing plan. They are easy to update and maintain and can drive your business’ SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategy, getting across the POV (Point of View) of your company.
- Case Studies: By demonstrating the proven potential of your products and services, case studies lend credibility to them, getting you more business.
- eBooks: eBooks help you educate your potential buyers, providing a chance to go into more depth on a particular subject.
- Newsletters: With low cost and guaranteed ROI (Return on Investment), newsletters are valuable in a digital marketing strategy. You have to segment your database to deliver the right content to the right people.
- Webinars: Original, engaging, and high-quality webinar content help you establish a relationship with your potential clients to generate leads.
- Infographics: You can use infographics to transform a relatively complicated premise into easy to consume visual content.
- Press Releases: If you wish to bring some welcome attention on your business, press releases are very effective.
- Landing Pages: Digital marketing plan is mostly based on driving website visitors to your company’s landing page where they can fill out some form and download free content.
- Marketing Automation
It is paramount to equip your team with the best marketing automation tools and services such as HubSpot, Eloqua, and Marketo as they can act as the system of record for your team. By using these types of services, you can easily manage each campaign, build landing pages and emails, track website visitors, and alert your sales team when leads are generated.
- Sales Enablement
Sales enablement, a key element that plays a pivotal role in your digital marketing plan, is usually concerned with systems and processes that equip the sales team with right content whenever and wherever it is required.
- Content Management
High-quality content and content management tools will help you design a winning digital marketing strategy for your business.
- SEO (search engine optimization) Strategy
There are a lot of things to remember while developing your SEO strategy as the higher your company placed in search engine rankings, the better chances you will have to generate leads. Gather a list of keyword search terms and develop the content required for the digital marketing plan.
- Social Media Strategy
Social media hugely influence your digital marketing strategy as a recent study signifies that 86 percent of B2B buyers use social media in the process of the purchase decision.
Highly efficient marketing tools like Google Analytics should be included in your digital marketing strategy. Detailed analytics on page visits, bounce rates, as well as referrer information will illuminate your SEO strategy and can help identify weaknesses in your content strategy.
- Lead Nurturing
The first part of your marketing plan should be developing original, quality content and creating the automated infrastructure that sees website visitors convert into leads. You can now implement a lead nurturing program for those leads which do not convert immediately.
- Digital Marketing Goals
Setting up goals on your digital marketing tactics will make you understand what creates a success story. Use the industry average for marketing contribution to revenue to measure the success of your digital marketing policy.