Launched in April 2007, Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) has been catering to the requirements of the region’s diverse and growing academic community. It is home to a large number of regional and international colleges and universities and serves over 24,000 students around the globe. With more than 400 undergraduate and post-graduate programs currently offered to students, DIAC continues to expand and grow as per the needs of it’s robust and talented academic community.
Describe the kind of businesses?
Land: Dubai International Academic City offers various land options including education, mixed-use, student accommodation, retail, and hotel plots. Plots are purposefully selected to match the needs of educational institutions, residential apartments, housing and dormitory facilities, shopping centers and supermarkets, and Hotels.
Commercial Floor Space: The built-up floor space can be used by entities that meet our licensing requirements.
Business Center: The DIAC Business Center provides a selection of products and services ranging from hot desk to fully furnished complete office environments.
Hot Desk: A hot desk is a shared office desk that can be used by more than one client. It is ideal for freelancers looking to have a space to complete office work such as email, browsing, printing, and calling. Hot desk customers are eligible for one visa per freelancer.
Executive Desk: An executive desk is furnished with one desk and chair, and a storage pedestal, as well as a cabinet with key. Each open office has a partition running from floor to shoulder height between desks to offer privacy, within a shared environment. Executive Desk clients are eligible for two visas per desk. Typical desk cabin size is approximately 100 square feet.
Executive Office (Type 1): An executive office is furnished with one executive desk and chair, visitor chairs, a storage cabinet and pedestal. Typical office sizes range from 100 to 250 square feet.
Executive Office (Type 2): This kind of executive office offers a full-fledged furnished office environment, within the Business Centre, including once executive table with chairs, visitors couch, a storage cabinet, and pedestal. Typical desk cabin size is 281 square feet.
Fitted Out Commercial Space: A Fitted out commercial space provides the upper end for a business environment. From open areas equipped with desks, chairs, and table, to projectors and audio visual systems. All floors are fully carpeted and have false ceilings with full provisions for Internet, telephone, IT services and electricity.
Who are the prominent clients?
- American University in the Emirates
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani
- Cambridge College International Dubai
- French Fashion University Esmod
- Hamdan Bin Mohamed e-University (HBMeU)
- Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
- Hult International Business School
- Institute of Management Technology
- Islamic Azad University
- JSS Education Foundation
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Manchester Business School Worldwide
- Manipal University, Dubai Campus
- Michigan State University Dubai (MSU Dubai)
- Middlesex University, Dubai Campus
- Murdoch University International Study Centre Dubai
- S P Jain Center of Management
- SAE Institute
- Saint-Petersburg State University of Engineering and Economics
- Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST)
- Syrian Virtual University
- The British University in Dubai
- The University of Exeter
- The University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD)
- Universities 21 Global Pte Ltd
- University of Bradford
- University of Phoenix
What are the advantages of setting the business up here?
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of profits and capital
- 100% personal and corporate tax free for 50 years
- Zero customs duty for goods and services
- Infrastructure and services that enable academic institutions to operate successfully
- Well known global, regional and local educational institutions
- Cluster working environment which enables institutions and educational brands to interact and cooperate
- Suppliers and providers throughout the value chain gathered in one location
- Use of state-of-the-art technology and advanced processes
- Ideal academic and business environment for students and institutions
- Easy, hassle-free registration of companies
- Simple legal framework and company laws
- One-stop shop that provides governmental services
- 24/7 visa service
- Access to Knowledge Workers because of fast-track immigration process
What are the procedures for establishing a business here?
|Steps and Documents Required||Client Actions||DIAC / DTMFZ Actions|
Submit application for approval
· Company registration application
· License application
· Business plan
· Colour copy of passport for manager / director(s) / legal representative
|Contact a sales person at DIAC and submit application||Evaluation of application
Inform the client of external regulatory body approvals
5 working days
Send legal documents for registration of company
· Registration application form
· Shareholder(s) details
· Original Memorandum and Articles of Association
· Board Resolution
· Passport copy of manager
· NOC from residency visa sponsor
· Manager’s specimen signature
· Passport copy of director(s)
· Director(s)’s specimen signature
· Proof of Share Capital
· Registration fee and license fee
· Memorandum of Association of FZ-LLC
· Agreement for personnel secondment
· Certificate of Authorization for GSO
|Send the legal documents for registration of the company to DIAC sales person||Issue Customer Confirmation Letter
2 working days
Sign and return customer confirmation letter and payment
|Sign and return Customer Confirmation Letter and make payments (registration and license fee, and first lease installment) to the DIAC sales person||Review of legal documents
2 working days
Sign Articles and Memorandum of Association
|Visit sales department at DIAS to sign AOA and MOA and collect bank introduction letter and resolution|
Deposit of share capital
|Open a bank account in the name of the company, deposit share capital and take proof of capital letter to DIAC||Prepare License and Lease
3 working days
Sign lease and personal sponsorship agreement
|Go to TECOM leasing department to sign lease, personal sponsorship agreement, and the license can be collected|
What is the cost of setting up business here?
|Business Activity||Cost (AED)||No. of activities allowed in one sector|
|Provider of higher education: (University, branch university, junior college, career & technical educational provider)||15,000||1|
|Provider of non-academic services: (Infrastructure, academic technology implementation services, sports and shared facilities, library services, accommodation services)||15,000||1|
|Provider of educational support services: (Academic consultation services, placement services, representative services, management services, examination services, student support services)||15,000||2|
|School: (Kindergarten, primary school, preparatory school, secondary school)||15,000||1|
What is the distance from various landmarks to this location?
DIAC to Airport – 23.1 Km
DIAC to Downtown – 22.5 km