Dubai International Financial Centre is a financial hub which offers an excellent platform for financial institutions as well as professional services providers to operate and blossom.
DIFC’s strategic location in Dubai enables access to vast business opportunities deriving from the emerging markets in the region. DIFC Authority (DIFCA) regulates and oversees the operations, development, and administration of this Free Zone. DIFCA is dedicated to creating value for all stakeholders through its physical, legal and regulatory infrastructure, and its programmes to ensure the financial stability of its companies and its excellent customer service.
DIFC is divided into two entities: DIFC Authority and DIFC Properties. DIFC Authority is responsible for business development and legislation, while DIFC Properties manages real estate and land.
Where is it located?
Dubai International Financial Centre Authority:
The Gate, Level 14
P O Box 74777
Tel: 00971 4 362 2222
Fax: 00971 4 362 2333
Registry Services Office:
Marble Walk – The Gate Building
Sheikh Zayed Road
P O Box: 74777
Tel: 00971 4 362 2255
Fax: 00971 4 362 2575
Government Services Offices:
Dubai International Financial Centre
P O Box 74777
Tel: 00971 4 362 2391
Describe the kind of businesses here?
- Customer service
- Registrar of companies
- DIFC corporate structures
- Commercial licenses
- Specific client services
Who are the prominent customers?
For details, please check the link: https://www.difc.ae/public-register
What are the advantages of setting up business here?
- 100% foreign ownership
- 0% tax on income and profits guaranteed for 50 years
- Zero exchange controls
- Double taxation treaties for entities established in the UAE
- Access to massive wealth and investment opportunities
- Independent common law judicial system
- Strong but simple rules and regulations
- Operating environment compliant with best global practices and international laws and regulations
- Various legal vehicles as a result of capital structuring flexibility
- Legal system based on Common Law of England & Wales
- One-stop shop for visas, work permits, and other procedures
- Modern communications, internet and transport infrastructure
- Access to skilled professionals living in Dubai
What are the procedures for establishing a business here?
3 Steps to start up a business at DFC:
- Application: Clients must contact the Relationship Management Team to begin the application process.
- Registration: After a successful application, clients move on to the online registration process.
- Incorporation and License: Following a successful registration, a Certificate of Incorporation, registration or continuation, and a commercial license are issued.
What is the cost of setting up business here?
|Non-Retail $||Retail $||Time to Process|
|Application for incorporation of a company||5 working days|
|Special purpose companies||1,000||n/a|
|Protected cell company||1,000||n/a|
|Open/closed ended investment company||1,000||n/a|
|Non-profit incorporated organization||100||n/a|
|Other company types (not partnerships)||8,000||3,400|
|Application for registration of an entity||5 working days|
|Recognized limited partnership||4,000||1,700|
|Other types of partnerships||8,000||3,400|
|Commercial license on incorporation / registration|
|Special purpose companies||Nil||n/a|
|Protected cell company||Nil||n/a|
|Open/closed-ended investment company||Nil||n/a|
|Non-profit incorporated organization||1,000||n/a|
|Other legal structures (where applicable)||12,000||5,100|
|Application to transfer an entity to DIFC||5 working days|
|Transfer an incorporation to DIFC||20,000||n/a|
|Transfer a foreign limited partnership to DIFC||20,000||n/a|
|Application to transfer an entity from DIFC||10 working days|
|Transfer an incorporation from the DIFC to others||20,000||n/a|
|Transfer a limited partnership from DIFC||20,000||n/a|
What is the distance from various landmarks to this location?
DIFC to Airport – 10.5 km
DIFC to Downtown – 3.5 km