The creation of Dubai World Central (DWC) was an initiative of the Government of Dubai to blast the economy of Dubai and transform the emirate into a leading global business, trade, and aviation hub.
DWC comprises eight districts: aviation, logistics, Al Maktoum International Airport, residential, humanitarian, leisure, commercial, and exhibition, which create an exciting platform for companies to prosper.
DWC is strategically located in the southern part of Jebel Ali and is linked to the Jebel Ali Port as well as Al Maktoum International Airport via the “Logistics Corridor”. The free zone also has direct access to the Emirates Road and the Dubai By-Pass. DWC is 15 to 30 minutes’ drive from the center of ‘New Dubai’. It offers a world-class logistics platform with unparalleled connectivity, speed and efficiency levels.
Where is it located?
PO Box 282228
Tel: 00971 4 814 1111
Fax: 00971 4 814 1366
Describe the kind of businesses here?
- Free Zone services
- General Administration Department
- Setup of companies
- Utilities and Infrastructure (UIM)
Who are the prominent clients?
- Kuehne & Nagel
What are the advantages of setting up business here?
- 100% tax-free operations
- 100% foreign ownership
- Zero corporate tax
- First-class facilities
- 11 high-quality commercial buildings
- Flexible commercial leases
- Simplified setup procedures, minimal red tape
- Options for free zone or non-bonded zone licenses
- Competitive rates
- Strategic location of the Business Park
- Easy access to Al Maktoum International Airport
- Easy access to a dedicated airport-seaport corridor allowing movement of cargo from port to airport in 20 minutes
- Highways providing hassle-free travel
- Space and facilities for companies to operate efficiently and effectively
- Ample available floor areas allowing expansion of companies’ operations
What are the procedures for establishing a business here?
Potential clients who wish to operate their business from DWC need to register as a Free Zone Enterprise and hold a DWC business license. Any company, association, partnership, or individual may apply for the registration of a Free Zone Enterprise at DWC.
Potential clients wishing to lease a DWC facility in Aviation City or Dubai Logistics City must submit their business plan and other client information to the Free Zone Department for initial approval. Applicants are notified in writing if their application is granted or rejected. Once the initial approval is granted, the applicant can proceed with the registration and incorporation of the FZE and license process followed by the procedure for obtaining a lease. Reviews of applications are completed within 15 working days. Applicants wishing only to lease office space are not requested to submit a business plan.
DWC’s Company Registrar is responsible for the registration and licensing procedures. The client must choose the preferred type of business license and describe the business activities he/she wishes to undertake within the free zone. The application must be accompanied by the non-refundable fee as specified by DWC.
Once the application to register an FZE has been approved and payment of the required share capital (applicable for an LLC) and all other fees have been settled, the Company Registrar will issue:
For a DWC LLC:
- A Certificate of Incorporation
- Individual share certificates for each shareholder
- The company’s Memorandum of Association
- The company’s Articles of Incorporation
For a Branch:
- A Certificate of Registration
Documents Required for Setting up a DWC-LLC
- A completed Registration & Licensing Application form (DWC-LLC)
- Valid passport copies (colour preferred) of any person listed as a Director, Shareholder, General Manager and Company Secretary in the application.
- A certified true copy of the Certificate of Incorporation.
- A valid certificate of good standing or a valid trade license of any Shareholder that is a corporate entity.
- If the person handling the application and signing the declaration is not a Director, Shareholder, General Manager or a Company Secretary, a notarized Power of Attorney or signed Board Resolution (if the Shareholder is a corporate entity) is required for each Shareholder, confirming that the person handling the application is authorised to act on behalf of the Shareholders.
- Two copies of the Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association of the DWC-LLC with the name of the company to be set up and signed by all Shareholders.
Documents Required for Setting up a Branch
- A completed Registration & Licensing Application (Branch).
- A copy of a signed Board Resolution or a notarized Power of Attorney from the existing entity, which confirms the intent to set up the Branch and nominating a representative responsible for the filing.
- Certified true copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association or similar company documents of the existing company.
- A certified true copy of the Certificate of Incorporation, Certificate of Good Standing or valid trade license of the existing company.
What is the cost of setting up business here?
Set Up Fees
|DWC-LLC or branch registration or conversion of branch to DWC-LLC||10,000|
|License for each additional business activity||5,000|
|Reservation of name of company||500|
* All Business Licenses apart from General Trading License: AED 10,000 per year per license, advanced payment. Fees for General Trading Licenses: AED 25,000 per year, advanced payment.
|De-registration of FZE||5,000|
|Changes to ownership and shares transfer (DWC-LLC)||2,500|
|Amendment to share capital (DWC-LLC)||2,500|
|Amendment to name of business||2,500|
|Amendment of Company Secretary, Director (DWC-LLC) or General Manager||2,500|
|Certificate of Good Standing (DWC-LLC)||3,000|
|Company Registrar attestation of documents (for each document)||200|
|Register information request||500|
|Register amendment advertisement (DWC-LLC)||1,000 + out of pocket expense|
|Yearly license renewal||10,000|
|Amendment of business license activity (per activity)||1,000|
|Cancellation of license||2,000|
|Replacement of lost license||2,000|
What is the distance from various landmarks to this location?
DWC to airport – 63.5 km
DWC to Downtown – 51 km